Monday, July 4, 2011

motherhood awaits


Dear Motherhood,

I didn't expect to meet you so soon-if at all.
You could have at least sent word you were on your way...
instead you crept up on me unannounced with not even a phone call.
Now i must scramble to make room for you and hope there's room left for me.
Although, I'm sure it will be a pleasure when I finally meet you and you meet me.


It's July 4th... my son will be here any day now. He's due on Saturday so if he doesn't come on his own I will be induced in five days... FIVE DAYS!! How crazy is that? I'm so incredibly anxious. I just wanna hold him and kiss is little face!

The name we settled on is Kyle Kingston Collins... personally, I love it. However I feel every mother has a really obnoxious pet name for their baby, like "little pea" or "muffin" or "peanut" lol... I have to think of one for Kyle... it just has to be original and extremely obnoxious =). I see myself slipping and calling him by his "secret family pet name" in front of his first girlfriend one day lol

I'm just excited. This kid has no idea how much Love he's about to be flooded with. Love is one thing I can guarantee with complete and total certainty he will never ever go with out.

Mommy Loves you Kyle Kingston, feel free to come tonight... I would Love to meet you =)


Motherhood awaits... I'm as ready as I'll ever be!


No comments:

Post a Comment